My wife and I didn't have a new human baby but I just got a new training tool which is helping me already in the never ending quest to a healthier lifestyle.
The tool I am referring to is a Polar FT4 heart rate monitor.
My wife got the pink one:
The FT4 Heart Rate Monitor, which I bought quite cheaply on Bodytronics.com, comes with a chest strap for better data monitoring. I used for a boxing and a martial arts session and wearing it was quite comfortable. However, I have to find a way to wearing it while I am sparring since I can't block with the hand wearing the watch.
Polar's FT4 monitors Training Date, Training Duration, Burned Calories, Heart Rate, Average Heart Rate, Maximum Heart Rate and Time in Zone . Data files are stored in the watch and I can easily upload (manually) the information on polarpersonaltrainer.com to keep track of what I am doing an when. If you are serious about training I strongly suggest buying a heart rate monitor.
This week I didn't train much because I ended up with a cold. I was feeling quite weak and my nose was clogged. At first I was afraid of having caught the flu, but it ended up being just a quick case of strong cold. So, I trained only on Wednesday (Martial Arts, 1 hour), Friday (Boxing, 1 hour), Saturday (Martial Arts, 45 Minutes).
I lost some more weight but it's to early to track it down. On the 31st I will publish some more data.
No comments:
Post a Comment